Metal stamping: all processes to give shape to sheet metal
When you hear that a company is specialized in metal stamping, most of people think that its work is limited to the sheet metal welding and cutting.
But this isn’t enough to appreciate the complicated and meticulous work required to realize the high precision final products that we use every day.
To understand the real complexity of metal working sector is important to know the meaning of metal stamping and which are all the processes hidden behind it.
Metal Stamping: what does it mean?
Sheet metal stamping or cold forming process means give shapes to sheet metal. The final aim is to create high precision components such as parts of plants, parts of machineries, appliances, electronic products, cars and so on.
The sheet metal working plays a primary role in the automotive, electronics, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, logistic and household appliances industries, providing excellent custom metal products.
Every day we come into contact with stuff realized by metal stamping companies, both finished product and component: from a simple coffee machine, to the chassis of your car.
All metal stamping operations
The final metal element achieve the required shapes through many kind of processes. Metal blanking, sheet metal deep-drawing, bending and welding are just a little part of the work that is required to create precisions metal finished products.
The metal stamping in fact, goes through the shearing processes and the forming; the range is really diversified. So, let you know which are the most important sheet metal stamping processes.
- Metal blanking: it’s the process used to obtain the separation of metals. To manufacture a fine and accurate result you need experience in the copper, iron and any other metals stamping.
- Sheet metal deep-drawing: used to turn a flat metal surface into cylindrical and hemispherical components such as pots, cans and containers.
- Laser cutting: this kind of custom metal stamping concerns the most accurate and precise cutting of iron, aluminum and stainless steel.
- Threading: it’s used in sheet metal forming sector as a method for fixing two metal parts together allowing the process of screwing.
- Punching: the punching stamping process, together with CNC machines, are used to realize punched sheet metal such as grids, radiator grills, meshes etc.
- Bending: a sheet metal company, trough the aluminum, stainless steel, iron or brass stamping, can realizes specific custom able shapes able to fit perfectly to each final destinations.
- Welding: the custom metal stamping includes all welding process. From the MIG TIG welding, to the resistance, projection, laser and robotic welding, these kind of welding are used when is necessary guarantee the highest quality standards.
Custom metal stamping: how to recognize the best quality
According to the customers’ needs, from design to metal assemblies, a metal stamping supplier should be able to understand all customers’ needs, turning them in the best finished and semi-finished products.
Whether they are small or large volumes, easy to realize or with a really intricate shape, the full range of processes performed by a sheet metal stamping company, let you have the best fitted component for optimizing your appliance, plant or any other destination.
Considering the high level of precision required, connected with the balance of weights, the complexity of the shapes and the quality of materials, is fundamental for the customer, to choose a sheet metal stamping supplier with expertise, high level know-how and with a multi-specialized machine fleet.
Remember that more perfect is the final result, more efficient will work your device.